Working to industry standards
All work undertaken by Spark is subject to the following terms of business, unless otherwise agreed in writing. In all matters Spark adheres to the Codes of Conduct of the Market Research Society, ESOMAR and AIMRO. The company does not engage in any activity which has as its real purpose the promotion or selling of goods or services. Spark is solely concerned with market research undertaken in a spirit of complete impartiality. We draw attention to the following, with regards to client contact with Spark.
- Unless there is a specific agreement in writing to the contrary, the name of the client commissioning the research is confidential: and the findings of the research are confidential to the client.
- The method of conducting a research project must be approved by the client in advance. Any substantial alteration to the proposed method during the course of the project must also be approved by the client.
- The market research techniques used on a project are the property of Spark unless a specific agreement to the contrary is made.
- The identity of participants is not revealed to Clients or to any other third party, although in cases where an informant is speaking not as an individual but as an officer of an organization, we may list such organizations as long as specific information cannot be revealed on any particular organization. Exceptions to this rule may occur where informants have expressly consented to their name being revealed to the Client, or where the Client has undertaken not to use such names except for bona fide data processing of research.
- All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that participants are not in any way hindered or embarrassed by any research interaction.
- Unless agreed to the contrary, completed questionnaires and other forms used in the fieldwork process, together with data/audio/video tapes are the property of Spark. We are entitled to destroy such materials 12 months after the end of fieldwork or in accordance with our GDPR Data Retention procedures for PID.
- Every report issued will indicate for whom and by whom the research was conducted, the purpose of the research; the research method; a sample definition; the size and nature of the sample; the method by which information was collected; the dates of fieldwork.
- Reports and other documents relevant to the project provided by Spark, are normally for use within the Client Company, its associated companies (including marketing, advertising and other relevant and duly authorized consultants and advisers), or other previously nominated recipients.
- If the Client intends a wider circulation of the results of the study, either in whole or in part, Spark must be informed and is entitled to refuse permission for its name to be quoted in connection with the study until it (a) has approved the exact form and contents of the publication /circulation and (b) has agreed with the Client what further specified information may be provided by Spark to recipients of the wider circulation on request. The fee quoted will be on the basis of an agreed number of reports. The cost of additional reports may be subject to a separate quotation.
- In the absence of any agreement to the contrary, research specifications provided by the Client and proposals provided by Spark at the request of the Client, then Spark receives neither the commission nor payments for the proposals, remain the property of the Client or Spark respectively. Their contents may not be revealed to third parties without permission.
- Spark cannot accept responsibility for delays caused by weather, transport difficulties or other circumstances beyond its control.
- Fees are in two installments: 50% on commission of the work, 50% on completion. Fees are payable within 30 days from date of invoice, unless agreed to the contrary.
- Fees involving overseas fieldwork costs are based on the exchange rates prevailing between sterling and the currencies of the research countries on the specified date. The rates used are those quoted weekly in the Financial Times “Guide to World Currencies”. Spark reserves the right to adjust the final fee in line with any rate fluctuations during the course of the research itself.
- Spark reserves the right to adjust the fee and date of completion in the event of subsequent alteration to the agreed specification.
- In the event of a Client deciding to postpone or cancel a project once commissioned, notice must be given as soon as possible, verbally, to the relevant project manager at Spark and confirmed via email immediately thereafter. This is to mitigate any unnecessary costs to Spark and in turn to the Client.
- However, in the event of a project being cancelled by a client in advance of work commencing, Spark reserves the right to impose the below percentage cancellation charges of the total quoted fee. Should the cancellation percentage stated below not cover in full any outlay already made by Spark prior to the cancellation date, Spark reserve the right to charge a higher amount covering actual costs outlaid plus an administration fee of 20%
|Notice Period in Days prior to work commencing||Cancellation charge*|
Spark are members of all relevant research governing bodies